Search This Blog

Monday

Krystal London Shoot





The softness of the background helps the necklace sand out. 


THis is one of my favourite images from this shoot. The amazing blue from the necklace has reflected into the models eyes. we purposefully placed the model against the rocky background to bring out the details in the necklace. 





If you see further below, i have taken images from the film The Little Mermaid. In the images often her hair takes up most of the frame and i felt that the colour of my models hair brings out the colours in the necklaces/compliments them. 


These images are simple and to the point, it is more about the whole scene as opposed to what the model is doing. This is why i have chosen to create a beauty shoot. 

These are the chosen images that i have put into black and white, just to experiment to see what it would look like. Obviously as the colours of the jewellery are part of the selling point i felt that it would detract the attention away from the jewellery. 









These are some quick drawings i did, to get an idea of what i want to get when i do the shoot. 




I want a disheveled look to my model as i want her to look 'washed-up' but not wet. I am thinking of the kind of hair your get after being on the beach all day. 


These are some shots i did over my research of the seaside. I feel that the very bottom photograph fits into my idea a bit better, therefore, I will ensure i organise my shoot for when the tide is out. 





 The little Mermaid made me think about my idea for this shoot. As precious stones and sparkly rocks are often associated with the sea. After thinking back at the film, and about the kind of close ups and shots that the animators created i decided to use the shots as inspiration for my shoot.







The images below were taken from a website called CLM, which was recommended to me by Kim Howells. I was interested in finding out about photographs who create modern, fashionable beauty shots this site along with the amazing photographers below has really inspired me to see beauty shots in a more modern light. I am collaborating with a designer who creates amazing jewellery (as stated further back in this blog). I have never worked with a shoot based on jewellery and as it was part of the brief to collaborate with another creative i felt that venturing into my unknown would help me experience new challenges. 




The above photos, are natural and ooze simplicity, i feel that for a shoot focused on jewellery made from beautiful crystals, should be simple like the above. I want the viewer of the images to feel like they are there in that location with the model. Like they are right next to her and are encapsulated by her beauty and by the amazing pieces of jewellery she wears. 

I want this shoot to have quite a commercial element to it, as i feel that i want to create a shoot that sells the jewellery. 


No comments:

Post a Comment